Chest is a new game engine inspired by the old goldbox
styled games. My goal is to create a game with the same Look
and Feel of the goldbox games while bringing to it newer
graphics, sounds, music and network play.
The current release is 0.6
So where am I now?
- Basic game layout implemented
- True 3D perspective view and movement
- Overhead view for maps
- Overhead view for combat with characters and
monsters and movement
- Scriptable events engine
- Character generation
- Saving / restoring game
- Economy - currencies and shops
- Skills and abilities in place
- Inventory management
- Monster encounters
- Basic interactive mode
- Basic COMBAT implemented
This game is NOT a clone. As I go
through each part of the goldbox games I'm re-evaluating each
feature and making improvements as I go. Some improvements
- Inventory management: Classes can carry multiple
weapons at the ready and the combat icons change to show
which weapon the character is using.
- Improved class system. 4 basic classes (fighter,
thief, mage, cleric) which gain through acquiring skills
with very few restrictions.
- More tactics in combat. Dual weapons, thrown
weapons, monster disarming, disable, disguise, conjuring
monsters into combat, illusionary monsters, summoning
monsters, possession, etc...
- New magic / prayer systems.
- More detailed economy.
- Interactive puzzles like the old Infocom games.